This Back-2-School season, RedShelf helped bring more affordable digital textbooks to students and campuses nationwide. With tons of new titles added to RedShelf.com, a new look and feel to our website, and new features for our eReader, students were excited to get digital this school year!
We collected some of the top 10 reasons why students chose eTextbooks with RedShelf this Fall!
1. "Digital textbooks are cheaper, more practical and portable, and allow me to bring all of my study elements onto the same pane. Many assignments are online in modern university classes, and therefore it makes sense to keep all of my study tools on the same platform."
- Student from College of William and Mary
2. " I could have the book instantly instead of waiting on shipping and there is a great search option for me to search the textbook for terms I need. The highlighting option is great and fast. I can also add notes quickly instead of writing them down somewhere."
- Student from Victor Valley College
3. "I prefer eTextbooks for convenience. I am taking online classes while working two part-time jobs, so I do homework in my spare time. I already have to lug around my laptop, so I am greateful that I don't have to lug around books along with it."
- Student from MCC Long View
4. "I could read on one screen or window while taking notes on another. I could also have access to my textbook at any time, in class, at home, or on-the-go, without carrying a large and heavy book. I could access my text book on my computer or tablet. Overall, I'm very satisfied with RedShelf's service."
- Student from University of Massachusetts- Boston
5. "This is such a great, inexpensive way to get your textbooks, and your [RedShelf's] prices are the cheapest and the quality of the website is amazing!"
- Student from Cypress College
6. "I chose the eBook version because it allows up-to-date versions of the newest edition each year"
7. "This is my first time using a digital textbook but I absolutely enjoy it. It is much easier than a normal textbook."
- Student from Radford University
8. "The electronic format has been a huge time saver as the text is searchable. This has helped me answer discussion board questions correctly 100% of the time. I work 2 jobs and am taking several classes. This has allowed more family time with less stress. Thanks for the work you do!"
9. "I've used RedShelf before for other eTextbooks and it is by far my favorite eBook website."
- Student from University of Kansas
10. "I love that digital textbooks can be accessed anytime, anywhere. Having a physical textbook means I have to wory about taking it to and from class, remember to take it in the house or out of my car, etc. Carrying my 2-pound laptop around is much more favorable (and I definitely won't forget it anywhere). While I read online, I can click on links in an eBook, search information on the web, and take notes directly on the book."
- Student from California Lutheran University
Did you choose eBooks this Fall? Let us know why you chose eBooks and what feature you like to use the best to help make your studies easier this school year! Fill out our survey form today!