In this post, we want you to get to know our intern, Catherine! Catherine joined the RedShelf team in the beginning of the summer as a UX/UI design intern and is working closely with our front-end development teams. We asked Catherine to answer a few questions about herself and her time so far with the RedShelf team!
1. How did you first learn about RedShelf?
I first learned about RedShelf one day when I was walking home from work. I saw a guy who looked like he had bears for dogs, so I ran up and talked with him and his mom. This person ended up being Tim (RedShelf's CFO and Co-founder!)! I chatted with them both for a little while, explaining what degree I am pursuing in school, etc and Tim suggested that I reach out to him. A few months later, I received an email from Tim, and now..well..here I am!
2. What is your role at RedShelf?
I work heavily on UX and UI design, but I will soon begin to focus more on front-end development.
3. Before working at RedShelf, what was the most unusual or interesting job you've ever had?
I don't really think I have had any 'unusual' jobs. But, now that I think about it, I worked at a country club in the 'Shoe Room.' I didn't realize I was intended to clean shoes...so I quickly left.
4. What has been your favorite project thus far at RedShelf?
I really have been enjoying everything that I've been working on thus far. My favorite, though, would be making some awesome new enhancements for the v5 Reader coming out August 1st! Stay tuned because it's something I am really excited about!
5. Any random facts about yourself you can share with us?
I was one of the youngest cases of the chickenpox!
5. Follow up to that..^ HOW OLD WERE YOU?!
I was less than a month old.
Pause for effect...we're still comprehending this..Ok. We're back with some more fun.
6. What is your dream vacation or favorite travel spot?
I WANT TO GO TO CHINA!
7. What do you like to do on your day's off?
I love to go running and biking. Baking desserts to share with others is always fun. Oh and having barbecues in the summertime!
8. What did you want to be when growing up?
I don't really think I had any idea what I wanted to be growing up, but I did think it was fun to write on chalk boards.
9. What celebrity do people think you look like?
Merida from Brave! I guess its the red curly hair!