We have got quite the team here over at RedShelf, and part of that outstanding team is our developing staff. While they may like the quiet and more shaded parts of the office, this dynamic team is made up of some very unique personalities with hidden talents, knacks for adventure, and of course a hard work ethic.
We want to introduce you to our team of developers and speak to 5 things that you (or even we) might not know about them!
1. "When I'm not working, you can catch me chasing the next concert or music festival, traveling, camping, kayaking, good beer, conversations with strangers, and playing on the RedShelf soccer team."
Sean's favorite thing about working with RedShelf?
"What I've enjoyed most about RedShelf is the sense of family and growing together we have here, which is by far more intimate and meaningful than the typical idea of a team that simply works towards deadlines to get things done. Everyone is really close here, and genuinely takes an interest in you on a work and personal level. It's pretty awesome knowing they're not only you're coworkers, but also friends that have your back."
2. "Traveling. This is one of my favorite hobbies is traveling to new places and experiencing new things! I recently visited South Korea and went rock climbing in Colorado (so now I'm addicted to climbing). I used to play in a band, so whenever I get a chance to pick up an instrument is a good day to me!"
Justin's favorite thing about working with RedShelf?
"The amount of responsibility and ownership you are given over what you are working on, which are always interesting and rewarding challenges."
3. "I find enjoyment with automating certain things around the house. For example, I built a homemade DVR system and media server--so I guess that is still programming related. Outside of that hobby of mine, I really enjoy being outside, either cooking/smoking meats, cycling, backpacking or swimming. And Mark and I love to watch our rivals beat each other up in sports (I'm a Cardinals baseball and Blues hockey fan...you can guess that he's a Chicago fan)."
Ryan's favorite thing about working with RedShelf?
"Everyone's "All In", we really like to lean on each other and we all know what's at stake and what we must do to be successful, and ILOVE that about this place."
4. "Riding my bike to and from work is one of my favorite things to do when its nice out, sometimes I'll even take the long way home and ride along the lakefront path! I also love to entertain my friends by hosting dinner parties and cooking meals for others (just ask anyone about our RedShelves-giving). Kyle (from RedShelf) and I also love to take improv classes at Second City. And when I'm not doing all of the above, I am on the kareoke machine belting out Whitney Houston's 'I Wanna Dance with Somebody'."
Drew's favorite thing about working with RedShelf?
"I thoroughly enjoy pulling pranks on all of my RedShelf-er's...daily."
5. "I'm super interested in quantum mechanics; I find it fascinating. What else do I find fascinating? Black holes..and ourselves. I am constantly reading new things, finding new places to travel to, and of course playing video games."
Terry's favorite thing about working with RedShelf?
"I enjoy the meaningful conversations and shared interests I have with many members of the team. It's inspiring to collaborate closely with a team to spur digital innovation across the higher ed and publishing industries."